Personal Data Processing Policy
IOCB TECH s.r.o.
with place of business at Praha 6 – Dejvice, Flemingovo nám. 542/2, 160 00
as listed in the commercial register of the Municipal Court in Prague, Section C, Insert 154081
The Company operates the e-shop website www.iocbstore.cz.
In operating the e-shop and selling products in it, the Company processes certain personal data of visitors to the e-shop interested in products presented in it (Buyer).
The processing of personal data is governed primarily by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
I. Personal data processing
- Personal data processing for use of the contact form
If a Buyer uses the contact form or contacts listed on the e-shop website to contact the Company for more information about the products presented in the e-shop, the Company will process the personal data provided by that Buyer, particularly the name and surname, email address, and telephone number of the contact person.
The Company will store this data in order to communicate with the contact person regarding products and the possible purchase of products.
This data is processed pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of the GDPR – negotiations and/or steps taken prior to concluding a purchase agreement at the request of the contact person.
- Personal data processing for the purchase of products in the e-shop
If a Buyer completes the contact form, i.e. expresses interest in purchasing products in the e-shop, the Company will process the personal data provided by the Buyer in the contact form, particularly their name and surname, billing address, email address, and telephone number, for the purpose of identifying the Buyer in the purchase agreement, delivering the products, and communicating about order status, conclusion of the agreement, potential warranty claims, and Buyer questions.
Furthermore, the Company will process this personal data in order to fulfil its legal obligations, namely those pertaining to accounting and taxes, and other duties.
This data is processed pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR – performance of an agreement, and article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR – fulfilment of the Company’s legal obligations.
- Personal data processing for marketing purposes
When concluding a purchase agreement, or at any later time, if the Buyer does not prohibit the use of their email address for dissemination of promotional messages, including the Company’s newsletter, the Company is entitled to send such messages to the Buyer’s email address, particularly messages pertaining to services and/or products offered in the e-shop.
This personal data is processed in compliance with the provisions of § 7, paragraph 3, of Act No. 480/2004 Coll. on certain Information Society Services, granted the Buyer has not prohibited this during the purchase of products.
They Buyer may unsubscribe from promotional messages at any time via the link in messages or by contacting the Company directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Personal data processing and storage period
When a Buyer contacts the Company for information and provides personal data per article I, letter A., this data is processed for a period of one (1) year.
When a Buyer makes a purchase in the e-shop, their personal data is processed for five (5) years after fulfilment of the purchase agreement for purposes of determining the scope and exercise of rights arising from the agreement.
In addition, the Company is obligated to store the Buyer’s personal data for accounting purposes for a period of five (5) years after conclusion of the relevant accounting period and must store the tax certificate for a period of ten (10) years.
If a Buyer consents to receiving promotional messages, the Company will process their personal data for the purpose of disseminating promotional messages for a period of three (3) years after consent.
III. Who has access to the data?
The Buyer’s personal data is kept by the Company, and access to it may be shared with natural and judicial persons working with the Company, including:
- the operator of the e-shop platform (Shoptet a.s., with place of business at Dvořeckého 628/8, Břevnov, 169 00, Praha 6, ID 289 35 675, as listed in the commercial register of the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 25 395);
- manufacturers or licensors and other rights pertaining to marketed products and services (namely the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences, with place of business at Flemingovo náměstí 542/2, 160 00 Praha 6, ID 61388963);
- individuals providing accounting services to the Company;
- the provider of email services (Shoptet a.s., with place of business at Dvořeckého 628/8, Břevnov, 169 00, Praha 6, ID 289 35 675, as listed in the commercial register of the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 25 395).
The personal data may also be accessed by the following entities:
- the administrator of the e-shop website www.iocbstore.cz.
The personal data is processed within the European Union only.
IV. Additional information for buyers
The Company does not have a designated personal data protection officer.
No decisions are made within the Company based on automatic processing or profiling.
Any questions or requests for deletion of data or correction of inaccurate data may be directed to the Company by email at email@example.com
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are placed on the Buyer’s computer when they visit the e-shop website. During all subsequent visits, the cookies are sent back to the website or another website that recognizes them.
Cookies perform a variety of tasks, such as facilitating navigation between webpages and remembering the preferences of visitors to the website. They also help optimize the types of ads that are displayed to visitors of the website.
The e-shop website uses the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly; they allow visitors to access secure areas of the website and support other basic functions of the site. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Analytical/statistical cookies: Among other things, these cookies recognize and track visitor numbers as well as the ways in which visitors use the website. They help improve how the website works, for example by making it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for. These cookies are enabled only with the prior consent of visitors to the website.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to track preferences and help optimize ads and other content to better match the interests and online habits of visitors to the website. These cookies are enabled only with the prior consent of visitors to the website.
The cookie files may also be used by third parties (e.g. providers of external services), including access to the information gathered by the cookies on the website.
The e-shop website primarily uses the following types of cookies:
Purpose and description
Max 6 months
Connect visitors with their shopping cart
Max 1 month
For duration of visit to website
Additional information about cookies and their current list can be found in the web browser settings, most commonly in the developer console.
More information about managing cookies in individual web browsers can be found in the following links:
- Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/cs-cz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=cs
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/cs/kb/povoleni-zakazani-cookies
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/cs-cz/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera - https://help.opera.com/cs/latest/security-and-privacy/
- Microsoft Edge - https://docs.microsoft.com/cs-cz/sccm/compliance/deploy-use/browser-profiles
VI. Rights and obligations arising from personal data processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Buyers or other persons contacting the Company via the contacts listed on the e-shop website are entitled to request the following from the Company:
- their personal data processed by the Company;
- access to their personal data, update or correction of their personal data, restriction of the use of their personal data;
- request a copy of their processed personal data, in some circumstances ask the Company to delete their personal data, and in some circumstances exercise their right to portability of their personal data.
All persons providing personal data to the Company have the right to object to the processing of their data on the basis of legitimate interests.
In the event of a violation of the obligations of the Company concerning the handling of personal data, persons providing personal data to the Company have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection and may also file a petition with the relevant court of law.
This policy is effective as of 1 March 2023.